Old 10-02-13, 07:46 AM
Leinster

Bikes: MBK Super Mirage 1991, CAAD10, Yuba Mundo Lux, and a Cannondale Criterium Single Speed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 297 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by eduardo76
leinster, i know, but once nibali caught purito and they were all 4 together, why wouldn't he soft pedal to either rest, or to bait anyone else into going to the front and then he could just jump to their wheel...instead he kept pulling for another km, and when purito countered attacked the last time, he had nothing left...i like rui costa, but his biggest results were largely because riders under-estimated him (which i think was a big part of his victory on sunday) ...and you are right, nibali and purito were the strongest men, but purito not only got screwed by tactics, he had to chase back after that crash...he was a monster on sunday!
I didn't say he got those tactics right. I think once the 4 were together he absolutely shouldn't have been in the wind at all.

I like Costa too. I think he's a young rider we're going to see more of. I think his 2 Tour stage wins this year came in large part from him being so far down overall that he had the freedom to attack with others, but he took full advantage. By comparison, you look at Rodriguez's career and for all his strength in the high mountains, he has an awful lot of 2nd and 3rd places.