Old 10-05-13, 12:28 PM
Medic Zero

Bikes: Old steel GT's, for touring and commuting

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by LiteraryChic
Any rack suggestions? Keeping in mind I like the Dutch/European look for Lola with a few modern conveniences here and there! I was thinking about this one - Wald Woody Rack (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0030KZI68). I would like a rack that gives a bit more clearance and that I can actually attach a seat bag/barrel bag under my seat without interference from the rack.

Thanks!
If you like the style of the Wald Woody, check out the Portland Design Works racks. They have a range of similar racks that are rated for different load weights.

The Axiom DLX Phoenix is also wood, has silver metalwork and looks to be set up to take panniers, although you might end up having to file or cut away some of the wood. One review also mentions problems with getting it to work with road bike brakes.

There's also the Civia Bamboo Rear Rack, which might be the best of the wooden racks as far as accomodating panniers goes, but unfortunately for you, says it is designed for 26" wheels. Although some of the solutions for you current rack suggested in this thread would work on it as well.

I'm considering mounting wooden racks on our Safari, IIRC, those three were the only suitable offerings on the market right now, but I might have missed some.