Old 10-06-13, 08:46 AM
Pamtivek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I went for a ride trying to ride with rolled hips. It was a short ride, about 30 miles, so nothing really conclusive, but I feel I can put more power and that I'm more nimble on the bike. Back feels fine. BUT... I feel weight on my hands... I guess rolling my hips extends my reach a bit, so I'm using my hands to prop myself against the handlebar, should be fixed by pushing the saddle back. Also, I feel more pressure from the saddle, on the parts that shouldn't be subjected to pressure I just brought the wrong allen key with me so I couldn't tinker with the saddle.

Regarding saddle height, wouldn't pushing the saddle back distance it from the bottom bracket, effectively adding height?

Scott, I totally get what you mean with problem solving. I spent more than an hour yesterday adjusting my cleats. Ended up rotating my right shoe cleat, positioning my foot slightly outward, which is the way it stays when I'm just standing about. This was to address some IT band tightness. I feel my right knee tracks better now. I also have mild chondromalacia. I always have problems with my right leg, never my left. I'm assuming there's some leg length discrepancy going on.

Anyway, I guess this position I'm working on is not quite feasible for real long brevets, but I'll try and dial in a fit sustainable for a comfortable century at least, and then work from there...