View Single Post
Old 10-07-13, 05:08 AM
dave42

Bikes: 1989 TREK 400, Suntour accushift drivetrain. 80's Raleigh mtb all Suntour.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No, they don't...

Originally Posted by hotbike
I don't know what people think. Do they realize that bicycles can move quickly? Do they realize that motorists want bicycles to move faster, and we are trying to comply with that request?

A couple of weeks ago, I was out for a ride when I spied a couple waiting to cross the street. There was a car in front of me going about twenty-five mph. My cyclecomputer read 32 mph. I was about 50 feet behind the car.

The couple waited for the car to pass, then they looked right at me and stepped out in front of me.

I nearly crashed.

I guess they stepped out because "it's only a bicycle".

I obey all traffic laws to a T, and I average 2 near misses on every ride, whether dealing with cars or pedestrians who break the law, or even cyclists who are on the wrong side of the road(in the rain at night with no lights, etc).

I wish all the ignorant scum were either educated or rotting in jail for endangering my life.

I wish I didn't feel that way, but the op's dog story set me off. I deal with it all the time.