View Single Post
Old 10-07-13, 08:50 AM
chvid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I didn't say the internal controller Magic Pie was any good did I? I never even mentioned the Magic Pies, because I haven't used one. I was referring to the Golden Motor with the black and white circular rings, the same as the Conhis. As a matter of fact I have built nine ebikes with different Chinese motors and I love riding all of them. I've even taken a few apart to upgrade their bearings. But I'm not TECHNICAL at all, unlike you apparently who seems to have an elitest attitude - preferring to spend thousands of extra dollars on proprietary "American" parts assembled in India. What part of a 200 dollar hub motor that runs for thousands of trouble free miles don't you understand? I guess it takes the genius of American engineering to assemble some magnets and wire into a brushless motor these days. You must be SO TECHNICAL. The Magic Pies are actually excellent motors, if you use the external controller versions. You can expect thousands of miles on those motors, unless you are TECHNICAL, or you have shares in some American company that builds simple motors for a thousand bucks. Not everyone on the planet can afford that, including a billion people in China that go to work every day on those same cheap hub motors. Those little Bafang 8Fun motors for 100 dollars that Ivy is showing are very good - lots of torque, great build quality, lightweight, freewheeling, easy to assemble in the kits, and inexpensive - around 150 dollars. Nice on fast road bikes - very discreet. I'm running several Ananda Cute 100s as well.

Last edited by chvid; 10-07-13 at 10:18 AM.