Old 10-08-13, 06:23 PM
justin_nj

Bikes: 2012 Specialized Roubaix Apex, 2001 Specialized Expedition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BigUgly,

I agree - the 2nd rest stop being wiped out really bothered me. Aparently there was a crash and the re-stock van stopped to help. However I understand there was an ambulance on scene and the restock van was on it's way. Problem is, they should not have run out of food knowing how many riders were passing through that stop. I think they should have also had some form of sports drink available instead of just water. I had powder packs of sports drink with me just in case, but it's the point after paying $60 (we registered early). There was a well water pump behind one if the buildings that a lot of us were using to fill our water bottles. I was concerned that I'd get sick from the water but it turned out to be fine. I have done other organized rides and they were much better stocked at the rest stops.

At the lunch, they ran out of the sandwich my wife ordered. We were told that people were just taking what they wanted. Well then why did they give us a color coded bracelet to ensure people got the food they ordered?

I am not trying to complain as my wife and I did have a great time, but I guess we got spoiled by the MS rides that are well stocked and sponsored by companies that load up the rest-stops with sports bars, gels, sports drinks, etc.

Last edited by justin_nj; 10-08-13 at 06:34 PM. Reason: more detail