View Single Post
Old 09-24-05, 10:15 PM
jeff williams
I couldn't car less.

Bikes: Ritchey P-series prototype, Diamondback, Nishiki Triathelon Pro.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Christoff
I am kind of partial towards Trek since that's what my bike is but from what I've gathered Specialized makes the best MB's. Not in my opinion, they are a very good company.

Also I believe the 2006 models should be out or out soon? At any rate, my budget is somewhere around $1,000 and up maybe for the bike. What does a typical mountain biker wear anyways? I know they aren't cruising around in flashy roadie clothes. Mountain bike shorts, gloves, long sleeve shirt? Let me know. What do I need and what is nice to have? I also have a pump, tire levers, patches, will get tubes... I will probably use my helmet ( It has a snap on visor ) Thanks again.
No pants, leggings\ thermal underwear and shorts here.. Armour, heavy gloves, bmx or fullface helmets. Some wear shin guards.
Fly the flannel, or wear a jersey, most mtb guys only care about bikes and riding.
A nice jersey might get trashed.

If you like road bikes, check hardtails and XC. Mtb are designed for terrain, maybe you'ld like XC.
If you can't ride worth a damn....wear something bright?

Brush up on something called trail etiquette, same thing as group road rides, a few rules.
Mtbing has no parameters, wear what you like, you don't even have to do runs...go camping and fool on fireroads.
Anything goes. Most try to minimise enviromental impact and erosion. Well, here anyway.

Hope you enjoy you new cycling avenue.....through the trees.