Old 10-09-13, 09:10 PM
chibougamoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We are experiencing an Indian Summer spell here (some 60 miles North of Niagara Falls), so I broke out the Yuba Mundo and went grocery shopping at the local Wally World. It's the kind of day that you can't help but smile, out on a bike.

Always takes me a couple of minutes to get used to low-speed maneuvering on the Mundo again (especially tight turns around pipe obstructions). Quite a bit different feel at low speeds, from my other shorter wheelbase city bikes (like Cannondale, Dahon or a Trek). I use mostly back-roads, including going through a local park (with narrow gates --- to discourage motorcycles I guess?), but I have to get diagonally across one busy intersection, to get into the Stupor Center. Way too dangerous for us slow-poke retirees to use either road at this one choke-point, so I exit the bank's lot, cross at the pedestrian stripes to the local convenience-store lot, and do a tight "circle" on the open grass at the half-way point, waiting for the light to change, so I can scoot towards the shopping car-trap-lot. Takes me some extra care, not to look silly and fall off, doing those tight circles!

Fortunately the local Wally has a decent (tall) bike rack, where I can properly lock up the Beast. I think I haul more weight in U-locks and cable-stringers (to secure the saddle against casual theft), than groceries! Supposed to be nice for the next couple of days, so guess I get to practice my tight turns, some more.