Old 10-15-13, 06:11 PM
DX-MAN
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by turbo1889
Thug-ish type people, and people who hate guns, take open carry as a challenge and it can make the difference between a non-issue and an escalation that need not even have occurred in the first place. I'm extra careful and cautious when I open carry and have been challenged verbally more then once even in very firearms friendly areas. So far no one has yet tried to make a grab for my sidearm (one of my greatest worries when carrying visibly) but there was one that looked very much like that was about to happen and she might have tried it if I hadn't been as alert and watching her as well as I was.

I do not recommend open carry for most people for those reasons. Yes, it may be legal and I agree its your right, but if you must carry if at all possible get a whole lot of training and a CWP from your local law enforcement and carry out of visible sight and do not take it out unless you absolutely have to use it and hopefully if and when that day comes it will be a four legged predator on the receiving end, so far that's all I've had to deal with and the legal and mental repercussions are far less then I believe it would be with a two legged one.

A day I hope never comes for me, although unfortunately it may since for some reason the great galactic Karma seems to have decreed that I shalt be a sh*t magnet.

The way things work for me if some deranged nut sicko ever goes nuts and goes into a restaurant intent on a mass killing in my general area I'll probably be eating in that restaurant when it happens, just how life has been for me every since I was just a kid and I've kind of just learned to expect and accept it and just deal with it as best I can. Basically when sh*t is going to happen around me the odds are way more then they should be by mere chance alone that I'll be in the spray zone when the turd hits the fan.

My religious relatives keep saying that God never gives anyone more trouble then they can handle. My response back for some years now is that apparently how He manages to do that is to give those of us who have learned how to handle trouble all the troubles everyone else can't handle.
Turbo, calm down, dude. I'm just calling it as I see it.

I don't carry. Not a good idea for me. Partly for the reason you illustrate -- where I live, there'd be an "OK Corral" about every week. So I get it, I feel your pain.

BTW, I gotta do this: I feel your pain about religious relatives, too -- guess that's just our cross to bear.