Old 10-16-13, 07:02 PM
Paramount1973 

Bikes: Schwinn Continental, Schwinn Paramount, Schwinn High Plains, Schwinn World Sport, Trek 420, Trek 930,Trek 660, Novara X-R, Giant Iguana. Fuji Sagres mixte.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jason_h
I'm not a big fan of flashing lights. I can understand that some people's brains might be wired such as to not be annoyed by this, like some people can listen to fingernails on a chalkboard and not get the chills. Even if it doesn't freak you out, though, you still would not scratch chalkboards unless you are a jerk.

Rear blinkies are somewhat okay if they are relatively dull red lights, and I agree that is t my important that you are noticed from behind, but it needs to be a slow flash. Strobes are for raves, which are fine when you are inebriated with all sorts of chemicals. Not when you are sober.

I am sure the OP is not meaning to be a jerk, but that doesn't mean that others don't perceive him as such for going around with an obnoxious light show in public.
Originally Posted by walrus1
Tis better to be a live ******* than a dead one. I always keep both my taillight and headlight blinking.
Yep, I run blinkys fore and aft and many times have seen drivers at intersections or coming out of driveways look directly at my front blinky and come to a stop. It's better to be seen.