Old 10-18-13, 12:28 PM
idc

Bikes: quite a few

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you've never ridden a CX bike before you won't be able to really judge differences, and if differences make things better/worse. I only own one road bike and one CX and they're my first of each. I can compare the two with each other but I couldn't make sweeping comparisons with other road/CX bikes even after a 20 mile test ride. It takes a number of rides, in different conditions, imo - for example, I rented an older Fuji Roubaix earlier this year and I think it was a harsher ride than my road bike. But I wouldn't have been able to say that straight after the first ride.

Any of those would be fine I think. If you aren't looking to make any changes to the stock setups (Shimano vs SRAM shifting, gearing, disc vs canti brakes, stock tires/wheels, etc.), then just find the one that fits the best, and the other you would like to ride straight out of the shop - the one that looks the best to you aesthetically.

You could also look at the newer "gravel bike" "category" for your needs. Might be more comfortable over longer rides than a true CX race bike.