View Single Post
Old 10-20-13, 05:16 AM
Dalai

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Last night raced the last round of the Winter Track series. Handicapper placed me in B graded (I normally race A grade on the track) and the organisers limited all competitors max gear to 48*14 which is smaller than I normally race indoors.

First three races definitely didn't suit. Two lap heart starter, 1000m handicap and 750m handicap. First race somewhere at the back, second noticed front wheel going soft on the first lap so was able to carefully let the backmarkers past before successfully pulling off (metal shaving probably from last years roof repairs) and third towards the back as I didn't feel like bumping shoulders 8 wide across the track.

Final race was a 50 lap points race. First sprint let the young guys fight for the first points (I was the oldest in the A-B grade combined race). Hit 3 laps out from the second sprint and had one then two bridge across. Pulled half lap turns and a few more bridged over the next 10 laps to make our group now 6 strong. Got involved in the subsequent sprints getting a couple of seconds and a couple of thirds and rolled the final sprint in 5th. Not sure where I ended placing as the results aren't up yet and I'm not too fussed, just happy that my speed is returning so I can start instigating rather than following.