Old 10-22-13, 11:03 AM
gabriel1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neo_pop_71
That's a great Explosif you built gabriel1, there is something cool about a bike that gets shown a lot of attention... I can't explain it, you can just tell fits and is loved by the rider. Thanks for sharing, yours has rekindled my desire to go find a rigid Kona and build something unique!

I've opted to pass on my geared drop bar mountain bikes for this single speed for my local get around bike. It's built from spares (minus the bamboo fenders) but the lugged Ishiwata construction makes for a really enjoyable ride. It's a 1986 Nashbar Terra XT that was made in the same Japanese facility by the same builders that were making the Stumpjumpers, same geometry, and came with full Shimano "Deerhead" XT group. This Nashbar has one bright point where it beats my 1986 Stumpjumper, the Terra XT has a beautiful gold metal flake "Sunset Orange" paint finish that's much nicer than the solid color Stumpjumper. I wish it came out better in the photos...

The "Deerhead" XT group has been utilized on my 1988 Schwinn Cimarron LE rebuild that'll be done with in a day or so. I'm re-dishing my Superbe Pro wheelset for a 8 speed 13-32T freewheel to replace the 13-32T 6 speed freewheel that's presently on the bike.
that nashbar is frickin gorgeous! iwould have liked to use a stem like that but i couldnt find one in the bigger diameter that my project 2 fork steerer tube uses! superbe pro hubs!! oooh, i had some on my benotto road bike that was stolen outta my garage!!