View Single Post
Old 10-23-13, 10:57 AM
sstorkel

Bikes: Cervelo RS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Schwinn Typhoon, Nashbar touring, custom steel MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
As far as I can tell, all of the Competitive Cyclist fits are relatively aggressive. I used the "Eddy Fit" when I bought my last road bike. I ended up with a Cervelo RS frame, which falls in the "endurance" category rather than the "race" category. When I've been training, I can easily ride it for 6-7 hours without any issues. Early in the season, it's comfortable for 2-3 hours but after that it starts to get a bit uncomfortable (neck, shoulders, lower back).

My touring bike uses almost identical geometry to the (Eddy Fit) road bike. I reduced the stem length by 10mm, used a slightly less aggressive stem angle, and placed a few more spacers between the headset and stem. The overall riding position is slightly more upright, but still relatively aggressive by touring standards. The wheelbase is longer so it handles like a touring bike, though.

Based on what you've said, it sounds like the Eddy Fit may be too aggressive for you. My suggestion would be to take the numbers that you got from Competitive Cyclist and go sit on bikes at your LBS. They don't have to be touring bikes, as long as you know how their geometry compares to the numbers you got from CC. There's no substitute for sitting on an actual bike. I was surprised to find, for example, that their "French Fit" put me on a relatively large frame; there was less saddle to bar drop, but the reach to the bars had me pretty stretched out.

Last edited by sstorkel; 10-23-13 at 07:10 PM.