View Single Post
Old 10-23-13, 09:31 PM
Ygduf
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bikes: aggressive agreement is what I ride.

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider
unfortunately, in the meantime the masses may be subject to listening to how you 'don't train' and 'aren't serious' and 'don't suck' and therefore must have things figured out because you can get on the 2nd page on a strava segment (which is never advice to anyone, of course--they must be reading between the lines).

it's interesting how the ones who seem to give you the attention you need are often the newer riders impressed by things like riding hours or strava times, and the more experienced riders agree much less frequently.

if it were me and if i realized that i'd STFU and listen. you might just write it off as those pesky haters!

the definition of a hater is NOT someone who fails to give you the attention you seek in the way that you want it. grolby, gsteinb, rkwaki, shovel, just to name guys on the last 2 pages of this one thread...not haters. you're doing yourself (and ultimately this forum) a disservice to think otherwise.

kinda goes along with the 'not gonna listen' attitude you generally flaunt, though. i hope it changes, sometime.
Deep breaths, it'll be OK.

I would like to mention that the vast majority of say everyone but you and Shovel who left Social Cyclists get along fine with me. So while I say "hater's gonna hate" because I know you'll flip your ****, what I meant was sure, I consider if it's "just me" but came to the conclusion that it wasn't.

Also, that place is still going, but hasn't grown because it doesn't turn up in any search results. I started reading back here again when SC was down for like 9 days and I got hooked. I love you guys.

Another point I would ask you to consider is that SC started out when a bunch of people I had nothing to do with started banning each other. This stuff isn't new.

Lastly, honestly, don't be mad. I actually requested to be your facebook friend in the hopes you might see some some interaction I have with the tons of people I get along with and wouldn't just see a giant blinking "huge *******" next to my posts. What else can I do?

Those names you listed, I uhm, replied to them and I don't think any of them are actually upset, but if you were asked to speak for them I'd be surprised.

There's no side to pick here. I don't want a coach because I'm happy how I'm progressing and how I'm doing. I might in the future! I don't think a coach is 100% necessary for someone to do well, but for most people it probably would help them progress faster.

Is that really controversial?