Old 10-27-13, 04:11 PM
phoebeisis
New Orleans

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
CB-HI-
Right-bike infrastructure-retrofitting city streets is impossibly expensive.
The cheapest way would be to literally close some streets to cars buses trucks-but no way would that happen.In would put various merchants out of business.
And frankly to what point? Only 700 bike deaths per year-300,000,000 people.No doubt many of the deaths aren't the fault of a car driver.
So cars killing bike riders-not a huge problem.

VC with Lane Controlling or FRAP obeying the law- doubt anyone could measure a "death rate difference"- Main determiner of getting killed on a bike-how careful and experienced you are-how many miles you log- where you ride(pure guesses)
On the other hand Lane Controlling-certainly annoys drivers. Just listen to them. Is that important- I don't really know-no punitive regs passed anywhere yet-but some streets roads are closed to bikes.
Other behaviors-stop light running-lane splitting-slipping to the front-annoy drivers too.So lane controlling-probably just a small part of bike vs car friction.

daihard- I will hit reply with quote in the future-sometimes I don't because it seems "wasteful" as if I'm using more "ink"-old habit. I'll try to remember.

Last edited by phoebeisis; 10-27-13 at 04:15 PM.