cycleprincess
NEVER WALK A HILL

Bikes: Bianchi Volpe Specialized Dolce Vita Multi Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ready for the relay!!

Up until Saturday it was still up in the air of whether or not I would be in this one! We had the swimmer (me) and my biker totally on board. But my runner would not return anybody's phone calls! I called 5 times and left mesages, and my other friend tried three times over the previous month, no dice. She had told a mutual friend on Labor Day that she was still planning on it, but still wouldn't confirm to me. So finally I took matters into my own hands and found another runner. It was obvious to me she was flaking out big time...so forget it!!

Anyway...now I have my team! Two in fact. I have a men's team and a women's team. I'm totally stoked!! This will be my first relay. I have done sprints before, but never an olympic. The only thing holding me back was my run. I only barely hang with a 5k, I knew for sure a 10k would likely kill me! Or at the very least make me very unhappy.

My friend had the same issues with swimming...so it was a logical solution! I'm ready for the swim. It's a .9 mile lake swim. Saturday we trained at Lake Grapevine at 7:00. If you are local, you may know how windy it was on Saturday!! Great training conditions. Felt like a sock in a washing machiene, but it was fun anyway. One of my most difficult swims ever. I can't imagine it being worse then that on Sunday! So I'll let you know how I fare!