View Single Post
Old 10-29-13, 08:39 AM
droy45
tougher than a boiled owl

Bikes: Fetish Cycles Fixation / Fuji S12S / Gary Fisher MTB / Raleigh Grand Prix / Ross Professional / Kent comfort cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Could not commute this morning as my work involved hauling some equipment and computers. Last nights ride was fine, a gusty west wind wasn't too bad as it kept shifting from the northwest which gave me an indirect tailwind. I was commanding my lane in the city where I turn right to proceed to a very steep uphill climb with 4 lanes. I use the left one to go straight and the one on the right is for cars to go on the onramp to the highway. Well, like I said I was commanding my lane and keeping up fine until the steep part where I naturally slow down and huff like crazy to keep my momentum and this idiot is in the right hand lane obviously planning his right turn and he is honking his horn at me when I wasn't even in his lane. He slows and glares at me through his window and flicks me the bird. Whats up with that? Same place a few days ago, same scene and a guy in pickup truck goes by and then he's glaring at me in his rearview mirror and I can see his disgruntled expression and muttering something at me. I really am not doing anything wrong here, just sharing the road. I do not see any other bikers commanding the lane, they just use the sidewalks and I think motorists believe I should not be on that road.