Old 11-05-13, 11:53 AM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by gringo_gus
And I do have to disagree. For sure I have had cases where the wheel has gone, but they were cheap, and the B and W wasn't. I've also have cases where the wheel doesn't go. Look round when you are the airport next and compare. Something like this really shouldn't happen. And likewise to the belt round the middle.

So, if anyone in the NW of England is interested in a damaged BW case at a nominal price compared to new, send me a pm.
All my suitcases are tank-like. I do not use cheap things for travel, because I cannot afford it. All items I carry in travel are dedicated. E.g. my travel clothes are about 3x as expensive as clothes I wear everyday, because my equipment needs to be utterly reliable since I have nothing to fall back on during travel. Still the nature of travel is such that things break. Incidentally I normally carry tools along that can allow me to fix a luggage wheel - not always, but often. Anyway, as I said, this can be endless and I pull myself out of the discussion. If I were closer I could have taken the case off your hands