View Single Post
Old 11-08-13, 10:48 AM
surreal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Those stickers are beyond embarrassing, in this day and age. (Full disclosure: as I type this, I'm wearing an old "cars-r-coffins" t-shirt, with the "666" license plate on the wheeled coffin, so I'm no stranger to outmoded, embarrassing "fashion".) Like I mentioned in a recent post, I once saw a car with a "two less rollerskates" sticker, but that had to be 5 years ago. I seem to recall other goofy spoofs online BITD, such as "one less helicopter".

Recumbent guys need to put "one less diamond-frame" stickers on the back of their seats, too.

My point is, this sticker is ages-old. I don't think it's likely to offend any drivers who aren't already offended, b/c they've most likely already seen these stickers. Sure, a driver who is already all bunched up about bikes is probably going to have a momentary increase in his/her anti-cyclist ire, but I can't imagine a motorist with a neutral or positive view regarding cyclists changing his/her opinion based on some hippie's goofball sticker.

I've got to make a "1 less toboggan" sticker, to be marketed towards fatbike enthusiasts....