View Single Post
Old 11-17-13, 11:35 PM
LateStart

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Tomasso - What Year

Bought this raw frame about 8-9 years ago, approx 2003? NOS, never built up. It has languished in my garage. I believe it is 62cm. I am thinking of building it up now, but I need to get a bit more information about it.

I think it is a late 80's or early 90's Tomasso. Note the integrated cable routing on the top tube, chromed stays. Apparently a Billato Bros import for a Florida importer?

Looks alot like this bike on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Tomm...item20db5aeee4

And like this one: http://chuck.kichline.com/bikes/Tommaso/default.htm

It feels light, though I haven't weighed it yet. My plan is to lightly sand away the surface rust and have it powder-painted and them move over either a Shimano 600 set up or a 1980's camp NV group. Other than the bottom bracket, I think I have all of the required equipment to build it out. Need to check the dimensions of the rear triangle to see if it will hold a 130mm wheelset, otherwise it will be an old high-flange campy 6-speed type arrangement.

What is the best way to determine the bottom bracket type? I was thinking it would be great to find an old Phil-Woods cartridge type square-taper set up. Other good options that are findable? Any links to pictures of this vintage frame built-out and on the road?

Where is the best place for an new sticker set and what should I expect to spend?

Any recommended color schemes. I am tempted to paint it as a tribute to the Pinarello I lusted for when I was a boy - blood red, like the Ferrari color.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
_MG_0922.jpg (79.5 KB, 94 views)
_MG_0919.jpg (50.6 KB, 93 views)
_MG_0920.jpg (53.8 KB, 88 views)
_MG_0921.jpg (47.5 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by LateStart; 11-18-13 at 12:39 AM. Reason: add eBay link