Old 11-18-13, 02:23 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 181 Posts
Is somebody hijacking longtime user accounts?

There are two recent postings in this forum by users with a large number of previous posts but I wonder if their accounts have been hijacked? The wording in the posts is nearly identical but one is in NYC and the other in Texas. Here is a comparison of the two"

Why are some recumbents so low?
I saw quite a few people on their recumbent in Manhattan's Central Park on weekends. The recumbent are so low that they almost touched the ground (I saw the leaves passed by them from underneath being swiped). Once when I came up from behind one of them, I thought it was stopped and was worried I nearly ran it over . Isn't it not only unpleasant to be slower than anything around you, but also dangerous if there is a bike, car, big truck, etc., on the road?

Why are some recumbents so slow?
I saw quite a few people on their recumbent in Dallas' White Rock Lake Park on weekends. The recumbent are so slow that they almost weren't moving (I saw the leaves passed by them from underneath being swiped). Once when I came up from behind one of them, I thought it was stopped and was worried I nearly ran it over . Isn't it not only unpleasant to be lower than anything around you, but also dangerous if there is a stone, rock, dead bird, etc., on the road?

One remarkable coincidence right down to the extra space between the word "over" and the period at the end of the third sentence!