mcafiero
Italian Stallion

Bikes: 2010 Cannondale Supersix; Dolan Df3; 1980's GIOS Pista;

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DMC707
--- I don't pretend the rowing benefits my cycling at all, but I like to row also ---
Kind of how I feel about Crossfit, also. (and those were all good, sensible points)... I don't consider myself a "crossfitter" and I replace the upperbody stuff, usually with box jumps, GluteHamRaises, Double-unders, etc. The HIIT programming is making me noticeably lean (and reflects on the scale, 16 lbs lost in 45 days) and my leg strength is through the roof. I consider crossfit, maybe a customized crossfit, as a great supplement. The change I've seen and felt in myself has been great. Today we started with 6x8 Deadlifts at 65% of our 1 rep max, and the wod included sets of 10 front squats.

Anyway, I'm burned out on this thread. I'm excited to really start focusing back on sprinting as soon as I lose the rest of my weight, which will be by Jan 1. Last year was an "off year" for me. Got married, traveled for the holidays, went on a honeymoon, sold my business, had a baby. I got fat! I have to credit Crossfit for helping me to lean up... FAST. And I am thankful that they have been really accomodating to me, from allowing me to bring my baby, to allowing me to alter my WODS, or even to do whatever I want to do on my own, and giving me great tips on form.