View Single Post
Old 11-22-13, 05:26 AM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 546 Posts
Originally Posted by CB HI
This statement is so wrong. Good drivers do not drive faster than their sight line distance allows them to stop in.
Well, I guess that makes me a good driver, then. I was going slow enough I was able to stop and help out. I mean he'd spilled just before I came around. My point was that he was out in the lane on the blind curve and then couldn't get up. Not wise on his part being on a highway where even though the limit is 55 people, again, typically go faster than that.

The shoulder from Winslow due north all the way to Fayetteville is atleast 5ft wide. Plenty wide for a vehicle in distress. I'd speculate he was out in the lane trying to avoid the rocks as many of the cyclists do. Yeah, flats suck. But, man ,if it were me, I'd suck it up and risk the flat on the shoulder before taking the risk he did.

So, all I was just trying to say was be careful. There's not much you can do about bad drivers.....even with steep fines and jail time. But, if there is a way to avoid risk, do so. That's all.