View Single Post
Old 11-22-13, 03:30 PM
ksisler

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KenshiBiker
On my way home last night, about 6:30 I was coming up on an intersection, I noticed a car waiting at the stop sign. I briefly glanced at it to so my helmet light would get the driver's attention. After rolling past the intersection, I noticed the car turned in my direction. As the car pulled past me, the driver (I think it was the driver, though it could have been a passenger - there was a big dog hanging out the back window, so I didn't get a good look at the passenger side) yelled out "Good Job!" The tone was truly complimentary, so I don't think it was meant to be sarcastic. I've been trying to figure out why she (definitely a woman's voice) said it (or anything). Couple of theories:
  • This was the first rain of the season and I was decked out in full rain jacket and pants and she was happy to see anyone out riding.
  • When I ride at night I'm lit up pretty well (Niterider Lumina 650 on bars, Dinotte XML-3 on helmet, NR Solas on back of trunk bag, NR Solas on back of jacket, Dinotte XML-3 on left seat stay, cheap blinky on left wrist, reflective vest, reflective bands on ankles, etc.) - maybe she was happy I made it easy for her to see a bicycle was approaching.
  • Maybe she was being sacrastic, or talking to her dog

I guess I'll never know. I think I'll dismiss the third possibility and go on assuming it was one of the first two. At any rate, it gave me a good feeling knowing I was doing something right (even if I didn't know what it was).

I realize no one else here has any way to know that particular woman's motivation for yelling out at me, but I just felt like posting this.

Ride safe,

KB
4) It always makes her happy to see the first Christmas tree of the season. Congrats for making her smile!

Or it could have been something else. Who knows.