Old 11-22-13, 06:32 PM
CB HI
Cycle Year Round

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
This is a very dangerous and slippery slope. It implies that those who defend their rights must be guilty. Cop wants to search your trunk during a traffic stop, if you say no (which is your right) you must have some contraband in there. Cop wants to enter your home? only guilty people would say no.
SLIPPERY SLOPE? We have been at the bottom of the slope for decades. As B. Carfree stated, we get jailed if we lie to the cops, but the cops are allowed to lie to us all day long.

My suggestion does not even involve the cops lying, just asking a question. When copy machines first came out, a couple of cops told a suspect it was a lie detector. Cops had the guy put his hand on top of the copier. First cop would ask the guy some questions, some simple ones the guy would answer with the truth like, what is your name? Nothing would happen. Then the first cop would ask some questions on the case they assumed the guy would lie. Second cop with his hand hidden on the start button would push it and out came a paper saying FALSE. After a few rounds, the guy confessed to the crime.

Boston bombing, cops were going into homes without search warrants fully armed and armored, forcing people out of their homes and then conducting searches one house after one through entire blocks. Our troops are not even allowed to treat Afghans in a war zone that way.

Originally Posted by FBinNY
Side story aside, I understand that police must use some gray area tactics, but I don't have to like it, and prefer that they make cases without resorting to these methods. But most of all I hate the notion that only guilty people stand on their constitutional rights.
I hate the notion as well, but we live in a real world where it is now commonplace.