View Single Post
Old 11-23-13, 06:54 AM
digibud

Bikes: Spec Roubaix, three Fisher Montare, two Pugs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
When I was younger it was never an issue unless I had become chilled to the bone. After a day of working at -20F or some nonsense and getting thoroughly chilled I would come home seriously cold and take a long time to get warmed up. Now, at 62, when I come in after getting chilled I experience the same need to take a warm shower and getting chilled is much, much easier. I can be chilled from sweating hard indoors and then needing to be outside for a fairly short time without being able to dry off well, or going out for a bike ride at +20F for an hour or two and getting sweated up and chilled. Once I am really quite cold it is much harder for me to warm up in spite of the fact that when I am exercising and cold, I can stay warm internally because I am working and generating core heat, but now that I'm older when I stop working I don't seem to be able to warm myself up as well as when I was younger. Makes sense but it's a bit frustrating and I know I am a bit more risk doing outdoor activities.