Old 11-23-13, 11:31 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5766 Post(s)
Liked 2,538 Times in 1,404 Posts
Originally Posted by B. Carfree
If someone parks on a two-lane each way freeway, especially if it was done just around a bend, would you report it? After all, motorists can simply change lanes. How about a two-lane highway? It's certainly easy enough to wait for a gap in oncoming traffic and go around. At what point would it get your attention? Would one be over-zealous to call those in?

Look, it's obvious that the van posed a danger to a lesser-skilled rider than yourself. Should we all just let such riders fend for themselves and let might be right for fear of being called bad names by you? (By the way, you've already lost the argument by Godwin's law.)
If you read one of my earlier posts, you'd see I characterized the video as showing 3 jerks who deserved each other. Your hazard is my inconvenience, and well below my threshold of what's reportable. The analogy to the freeway doesn't hold for a dozen reasons, but lets face it, you think what you think and I think what I think, and readers here will think what they think.

I don't see threads on a forum as who wins or loses, we post what we think and readers can draw their own conclusions.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.