jeff-o
Recumbent Evangelist

Bikes: Rebel Cycles Trike, Trek 7500FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Expatriate
Unless they sell a different policy in Canada, Personal Liability is just that, personal liability. A guest comes over, trips on your carpet and breaks their leg. If they sue you for more than your homeowner's/renter's policy covers, your PLUP covers that. It would also cover you in the event of a MVA, but I'm pretty sure that it would be secondary to your legally required auto liablility policy. They would not sell it as a catch-all policy for whatever damage/injuries you may cause in your day to day actions. Does that make sense?

[edit] There are probably some exclusions in the policy language regarding things like operating motor vehicles, engaging in business activities, and even something regarding dog bites. Ask your agent, and see if you can prove me wrong.
You're probably right. I don't really care what insurance I get, as long as it allows me to legally ride an electric-assist bike on public roads. I guess it's up to the DMV to decide if PLUP is enough, or if I need motor vehicle-specific insurance.