View Single Post
Old 09-28-05, 07:26 PM
MaryAnn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bidding on MY bike on EBay..am I nuts?

So here's the scoop. I have a road bike that I love. I guess I love it so much because I'm totally used to it. I feel like a fish out of water on any other two wheeled object My bike is not high end but not entry level either. $1700 new. I love my bike. It's what I'm used to. I have an only child who is an obseessive rider and racer (he got me into the sport) who lives in CA and when I visit him I have no bike and have to borrow and it sucks rocks. I saw my exact bike today on EBay so I bid on it, the idea being that I'll have my bike in two locations. It's a 2004 Specialized Allez Comp Cro-Moly double and the opening bid was $500. A steal. It has a chip out of the paint on the top tube (wonder how that happened so I asked and haven't heard yet). I think I might go as high as $900 for a two year old used bike.

Is this the dumbest idea on earth or am I onto something? I am new to riding (one year under my belt) and prefer what I'm used to. There's my age talkiing! BTW I'm 61. (But Lance likes what he likes too, doesn't he?) And yes, I do love the 50+ forums).

Any advice would be welcome.