View Single Post
Old 11-28-13, 09:52 AM
backofthepack

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll View Post
What model Samurai? I know several members here are looking for decent triple triangle frames. If it is clean, and your ready to let go you might be surprised by ebaying it.

If nothing is dripping from the bearings I would degrease the chain (or put a cheap new silver one on it) and let everything alone. No reason why it can't be in 'rideable storage"
It's a 1987, Tange Infinity, all Shimano 105 6-speed, Biopace. When I got it used it was in immaculate condition, save for two scratches from the person not knowing how to pack a bike for shipping. I pulled off pretty much everything and ran it with a modern group so put back together, it will be all original except for tires & saddle (I have a old Vetta SL from that time so at least it will be period correct). When I looked on Ebay, it seemed like this might fetch $200 if I was lucky and then I'd have to pack it and risk the shipping process, that's why I just assume hang it as a conversation piece. Plus, maybe if I ever have grandkids, they can maybe make some money off of it in the year 2045!