Old 12-03-13, 03:44 AM
Therion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
29er Frame Size Problem/Question...

Greetings all!

I'm a new member of Bikeforums.net community and so glad to be so... I hope you are okay and everything is going flawless (atleast fine)

I have a problem about frame size for my 29er. I'm Trek FX 17.5" user and last month I also bought a Trek X-Caliber 7 18.5" for winter cycling. However it is not as comfortable as the FX. The huge problem is effective top tube lenght. I feel like it is too war away from my body and it forces me to really really bend down. Especially, I'm holding handle bars with my fingers, not palms in order to reduce bend down angle. My bike seller told me that Caliber series couldn't be as comfortable as FX series, it is connatural situation for 29er bikes. However as I check the frame size measures, it seems like 15.5" X-Caliber the best for me... At first I tried to buy 17.5" but that frama size wasn't available... Besides, I had to cut seat tube for 7cm because it it was too high for me.

I'm 1.71cm and my leg height is 82 cm... (5'7" with 31" inseam) I'm living in a city which there are no official bike markets so I can't give a try to anticipate which size is really the best for me. But as far as I presume, the 15.5" would be the best for me...

Here is the link for frame size details...

http://www.trekbikes.com/int/en/bike...29/x_caliber_7

If you can help me about it, I'd be appreciated... I'm planning to sell my Caliber and buy a new frame sized 29er...

Last edited by Therion; 12-03-13 at 03:48 PM.