Old 12-03-13, 12:01 PM
feijai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BassNotBass
Incidentally, I've been riding my Brompton with the Schwalbe Marathons for a couple of weeks and IMHO they are dramatically superior to the stock Brompton kevlar tires. The ride feels much smoother and quicker and I doubt I'll have any more punctures.
My understanding is that with the new rear-triangle design, the newer Bromptons can finally now be fitted with Greenspeed Scorchers, which are *the* best 349 tire. They are as fast as Schwalbe Kojaks, and are the largest, easily the most comfortable, and grippiest 349 tire on the market. And they are light. They essentially Pareto-dominate everything else. The Scorcher TR is the kevlar-belted version; I'd get that one.

The disadvantages of the Scorchers are three. (1) They wear out faster than Marahons -- a natural side effect of being grippy, fast, and light (2) They are not cheap (3) They are becoming scarce. You can buy them most easily from Bike Friday right now, or contact Greenspeed directly. Unfortunately Calhoun no longer carries them. It's frustrating because of how much better they are every single other 349 tire out there (I think).