Old 12-05-13, 12:52 PM
thechemist
In the Pain Cave

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 7bmwm3gtr
Hey everyone for about 3 months I have been debating which power meter to get. It's quite an investment so I want to get it right so I'm hoping I can get a little feedback here.

i'm considering the (a) Quarq Elsa, (b) Garmin vector, (c) Stages power meter mated to a new Cdale hollowgram.

-Quarq Elsa is most expensive and I'd need to switch out the chainrings but it is loved by many people.
-Vector is barely less expensive and it's new (could get cheaper)--but my pedals get pretty ugly after a while and I don't know if I can tolerate that with "$1600 pedals," plus that pod.
-originally wanted to get the stages because then I'm forced to change my carbon fsa cranks to the hollowgram sl or even sisl2 (which is a favorable upgrade). It's also the cheapest option. However, I feel like the left leg only aspect will bother me...but I have seen good reviews.

I've asked bike shops. The best thing they can say about any of them is "yeah it is a really popular model (quarq)" or "my cat 1 and 2 friends switched from a quarq to it (stages)." The vector was criticized, the shop guy told me he felt that there was a really fragile piece somewhere.

Anyways I don't know who to ask since the bike shops I go to don't train or ride with power. So thanks in advanced for any feedback, I'd really appreciate it
Why not SRM? I don't see any reason to get the Elsa over the Riken when it comes to quarq. Plus if you indeed do have a cannondale you could just get the cannondale spider and it would probably weigh less than the Elsa anyway or come close. Make sure the Vector will fit your bike if you go that route.