Old 12-05-13, 05:27 PM
turbo1889
Transportation Cyclist

Bikes: Too many to list, some I built myself including the frame. I "do" ~ Human-Only-Pedal-Powered-Cycles, Human-Electric-Hybrid-Cycles, Human-IC-Hybrid-Cycles, and one Human-IC-Electric-3way-Hybrid-Cycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
You have relatively succinctly stated what kind of cycling your "effective and efficiently travel" line does not include.

By coincidence, efficient and effective cycling is a phrase often used by some Vehicular Cycling ideologues who believe they alone are the keepers of the flame for safe as well as legal cycling.
Sometimes its easier to define something by what it is not rather then what it is. That kind of negative definition is about the best I can give you on that one. I do agree with you that militant hard-line VCers are not the only "keepers of the flame". I have no issue with those who themselves do not choose to ride VC if they still respect the rights of others to do so if they so desire as a free will choice. It's those who wish to violate the road rights of other cyclists that I have an issue with, and to a lesser extent I have an issue with VC hard liners that also wish to violate the rights of others to ride on seperate infrastructure if they so please as their right of free will choice. Every cyclist should have both options available to them and not have to be subjected to harassment even by other cyclists for their choice.