Old 12-06-13, 05:18 PM
Italia1970

Bikes: Trek FX 7.7 2013

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mconlonx
There's no doubt the IsoZone stuff works as advertised, but it would not be the deciding factor for me. $550 seems like a great price for an 8.5, especially if it's been used gently.

So really it comes down to your riding style, and what you want out of the bike. If you had your heart set on bump and vibe mitigation either through true rear suspension or something like the IsoZone setup, you're bound to be disappointed. Then again, you'd also have regrets shelling out extra for some flex system out back if you think it will work like true dual suspension. You will be very disappointed if you're asking too much out of it, "Well, I want a bike for longer commutes and utility riding around town, but I also want to do downhill runs or super technical terrain every other weekend." But if it's more a superfluous feature considering your goals here, no worries.
I would be doing nothing more than pavement and light trail riding. I should test drive and see if the ISOZONE frame makes a big difference. I am not ready to make $1200, but for $500 I would consider it.

Thanks, any other info you feel would help, please don't hesitate.