View Single Post
Old 12-06-13, 09:49 PM
Trackliche

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Ha! I think I got the last replacement motor unit from Cateye USA back in 2010.

Do you know if the Loughborough replicas available for retail sale or are they made to order for British Cycling.

I removed the fan unit from mine (just 3 screws) and got rid of that sound. I never found use for the fan. I never used the Cateye for any sustained efforts. Just starts and maybe up to 30 second efforts.

For those who don't know, there are 2 resistance units on the Cateye. One side has the Eddy Current magnetic resistance and the other has a basic wind trainer resistance unit. Maybe that was added to provide exponential resistance (the key factor in fluid trainers) for the "real world road feel" while the mag provides linear resistance. It was 2 trainers in one. Basically, if you wanted only exponential resistance then don't flip the lever to activate the magnet.

Wind resistance trainers are still availble today: http://www.cycleops.com/en/products/...d-trainer.html

So it's looking like these pro guys are using their track bikes on these trainers. I, and most of the posts I see/recommendations on Up!Up!Up!, use a road bike. What's with that? Carleton- do you use your track bike on the Cateye? What makes it easier to use your track bike on the CS-1000 than a trainer?

-TC