Old 12-10-13, 05:39 AM
QuangVuong

Bikes: 89 Centurion Carbon, 91 Peugeot Izoard, 90s Giant Cadex 980c

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Massive bump up! I picked this Gios Compact Pro frame up for $75 at the beginning of November. Built it up with a 105 SC group, and end result was a 10.5kg bike.

A month later(yesterday actually), I destroyed the frame. I rear ended a car only hundreds of metres away from home. Just at that moment i was looking down at the front wheel, and I flew over the bars. Picked myself up, and the bike, but tended to my busted lip before all else. Noticed I couldnt steer, and then realised I had just bent the frame. Looking back at the GPS data, I was going at 25km/h when I collided into the rear bumper of the X5. I came out alright with only a few tiny bruises and abrasions, and a busted lip, but nothing too serious.

Did about 350km on it, so I got my $75 value out of it, but still it is the loss of a pretty good frame. I am sad that this has happened even though it could have been prevented if I was paying more attention. It was totally my fault. Most surprisingly is that all the other components are fine. Front wheel is a couple mm out of true, but not dented or broken at all, and my brake levers are scratched.

It will be hung up for the time being. Maybe in the later future, I will get it repaired. Or Id track down another Gios frame.