Old 12-14-13, 04:14 PM
buzzman
----

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
While some may think it's their issue, I don't believe they have a dog in the fight. Only the OP knows the actual circumstances, and is in a legal position to report it. Everybody else (including you and I) are in the position of the crowd standing around watching a dog fight, and maybe placing side bets.
I think that is accurate to the OP's incident on the roadway.

My issue has more to do with the sharing of the incident on an internet forum and exchanging license plate information with a third party. I believe it is in my interest as a regular BF user to voice my concerns lest this forum degenerate into an opportunity for cyclists to exact retribution, revenge or vigilante actions against motorists regarding incidents which may or may not be true, exact or warranted.

I was sympathetic to the OP and understood his ambivalence as to the best course of action, especially with regard to having accepted $20 in compensation from the motorist. But once the offer was made to look up her stats and accepted via a PM I became less sympathetic and more guarded. I get the sense that the OP is male and the fact that the driver was female makes it all the more unpalatable in my book.

I think I-Like-To-Bike's red flag was a good call.