Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by GeorgeBMac
Yes, I was familiar with the respiration thing -- I got a lesson in it from the statin I've been taking when it reduced my levels of Q10 (which is necessary for the mitochondria to produce ATP) and I had no strength. As soon as I added a Q10 supplement, I got strong enough to pull a muscle (probably the medial glut)... My next step is to get off of the statin -- but I'm still waiting for the doctor to call me back on that one...

Tell your wife congrats on the weight loss. But also be careful -- she is losing a lot of weight very quickly. So, while too much weight is bad, losing it too quickly is not good either...
Most people experience slightly higher than average weight loss on low carb / ketonic diets... she is losing weight at a rate of just over 2 pounds per week and she is on no caloric restrictions whatsoever and would say her activity level is actually a little less than usual as she has not been cycling very much because of abominable weather.

Part of that stems from the amount of water contained in fat molecules... when you burn those you lose water weight as well.

The issues with Q10 are well known with statins... organ meats can offset that although you have to be able to ignore the fat and cholesterol content.

I just had a cup of bulletproof coffee and am going for a ride in the snow on the fixed gear... should be a good workout.