Old 12-18-13, 02:55 PM
expatbrit

Bikes: Ridley X-Fire (now an ex-bicycle), Trek X-Cal, Giant Defy 3

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mprelaw
Stick with the shop. If the Ridley suits you, and the price is right, go for it. While it's true that a purchase is once, but post-purchase service is ongoing, and that great shop will service anything you buy, having a good shop to run interference for you with the manufacturer of a brand they carry, on an warranty issue, is a good thing to have.
The Ridley fits (though I'm still nervous it's 'too small', the fitter seems to be good). Price is a bit high, especially compared to on-line, but I love the way it looks and it rides just fine.

As with all too many things, reading too many Internet reviews leads to decision paralysis. BikeRadar appears to love everything C'dale, and the Trek/C'dale dealership is 'ok', and blowing out bikes at silly, silly prices. I bought my MTB from there earlier this year and haven't been unhappy.

Finding the other shop, however, has been a revelation. I'm glad that my gut feeling is right -- the store really is more important than almost anything else. If I want to go Spesh, I could there as well (I rode a Tarmac and a Roubaix, and the latter was pretty damn nice -- but more than the Ridley).