Old 12-20-13, 06:26 AM
roadwarrior

Bikes: Cannondale EVO, CAAD9, Giant cross bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Campag4life
No you misinterpreted or I wasn't clear. Lemond has forgotten more about cycling than the 41 combined. Lemond watched the entire trajectory of Lance's career. He said he wasn't stronger than a top 30 rider before he made 'some changes'.
If we merely go with the 8/1/98 disqualification date that was imposed by USADA, not stronger than a top 30 rider included a World Road Championship. A San Sebastian win. A Tour du Pont win. US Amateur Road Championship win. To name a few.

If you have not seen "The Armstrong Lie", do so.

BTW...having known several people who had really really difficult childhoods, I am not at all surprised, nor was I ever surprised, at his behavior.

I also did not mention the two triathlon national championships he won before he was 19. He was a pro triathlete at 14.

I respect LeMond. He and his Dad were frequently at the shop I raced out of when I was a kid. His resume is one of the best and his comeback...well truly amazing. But good grief. I think Lance was a bit better than a top 30 rider. Top 30 riders do not win often and if they do it's races like Circuit de la Sarthe and somesuch.

Last edited by roadwarrior; 12-20-13 at 08:57 AM.