Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Quinn8it
dont skimp on the fat- i assume you are shooting for at least 100g a day? dont underestimate how important it is for both having enough energy to get through your day and teaching your body to function on ketones.. and don't underestimate how hard it is to consistently consume that much fat
My fat/protein/carb usually looks like 150/60/50 a day with a little variance in the carbs but I make sure to stay under 100 grams of carbs a day to maintain ketosis. Too much protein will cause some of that to get converted to glucose but you want to maintain a minimum of .8g per kg for healthy functioning and increase protein if you are doing a lot of physical work or if you are trying to gain weight.

We make bulletproof coffee in the morning which is about 300 calories per cup... add 1 tbsp of butter, 1 tbsp of coconut oil, heavy cream, and a tsp of vanilla and whip it with a whisk or put it all in a blender.

It is good for about 300 calories and the medium chain triglycerides from the coconut oil provide a quick boost as these are metabolized quickly.

In the evening I make butter tea which uses the same quantities of butter and coconut oil and I often make butter chai by spicing it up.

We really don't count calories on this diet and eat when we are hungry, you don't have many cravings and when I get up in the am my fasting blood sugar is pretty much perfect... I can usually hit the floor running and not worry about eating right away.

I am not looking lose weight and have been maintaining my race weight for more than a year and a half on this diet... since August my wife has lost 48 pounds which she gained after surgery and just wasn't losing even though she was on a nearly perfect diet (that included a small amount of carbs). She stays under 20 grams of carbs a day... these all come from vegetables and the little bit of milk that goes in the tea.

In working out for a 6 week stretch I gained 4 pounds of muscle with ease... was lifting like a boss.