Old 12-23-13, 06:40 AM
Poguemahone
Vello Kombi, baby

Bikes: 1973 Eisentraut; 1970s Richard Sachs; 1978 Alfio Bonnano; 1967 Peugeot PX10

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
RVA Cinelli. 900$:
http://richmond.craigslist.org/bik/4222881493.html

This vintage Cinelli bicycle was owned by my late uncle. He grew up in Belgium and raced in the European circuit in the mid-late 70s. This was his personal bicycle that my aunt handed down to me a few years ago. I converted into a fixie (used as my good weather commuter bike in DC), but I still have the original Campagnolo gruppo (including quick-release axles), Mafac brakeset, Fiamme rims, Nitor seatpost & Brooks leather saddle (all come with the bike). I'm 6'1"tall, and the frame is a little small for me. Probably ideal for someone 5'8" - 5'11".

When I received this bike, it was in pretty rough shape because it had been stored in an outdoor shed for many years. The steel frame was deeply pitted with rust and the graphics were hardly recognizable. I took every piece of this bike apart and cleaned it myself. I stripped the steel frame and added several clear coats as kind of an homage to its materiality. For commuting purposes, I added some Tektro brakes, Alex Rims, pedals w/ leather straps, saddle, & Brooks handlebar tape. This bike has been well taken care of and runs very smooth.

The Campy gruppo alone is selling for $250-$600 on ebay.

Converted to fixie, but with all original parts included.

Waste your money! Buy my comic book!