View Single Post
Old 12-25-13, 11:32 AM
cny-bikeman 
Mechanic/Tourist

Bikes: 2008 Novara Randonee - love it. Previous bikes:Motobecane Mirage, 1972 Moto Grand Jubilee (my fave), Jackson Rake 16, 1983 C'dale ST500.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLYTZPK View Post
clean your ear canals out so to ear the rrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

screws should be set even....parks covers this right ? as if screws have 5 turns total set screws even at 2.5 turns from bottom.

deray gate set to the large ring should almost touch chain and so for the small ring...install a chain preventer on the seat tube.

but the deray's seat tube mounting position determines the gates total effectiveness in passing the chain thru as chain angle to rear cogs varies from 32 teeth to 14 teeth.

the gate/seat post mounting position should clear...when shifted to large ring...to the small rear cog...and from small ring to large cog when shifted.

and remeber...you can hammer and file.

when the system drrrrrrags in transit, loosen the clamp, turn the mount for immediate silence
Better to give no instructions at all than ones like the above, which are garbled, inaccurate, and suggest radical procedures (hammer and file) to a novice.

Don't tell me what "should" be - either it is, it isn't, or do something about it.

If you think I'm being blunt take it as a compliment - if I thought you were too weak to handle the truth or a strong opinion I would not bother.

Please respect others by taking the time to post clearly so we can answer quickly. All lowercase and multiple typos makes for a hard read. Thanks!

Last edited by cny-bikeman; 12-25-13 at 12:13 PM.