Old 12-26-13, 04:35 PM
Duke of Kent

Bikes: Yeti ASRc, Focus Raven 29er, Flyxii FR316

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider
which tufos are those? i can't quite tell from the photos in either post.

i've got a set of dugast fastbirds currently glued to mine. they adapt to terrain so well without relying on the stiffer sidewall of tubeless. when i ran tubulars on a cross bike at low pressure i go the idea to try it for MTB. truly a staggering difference in ride quality.

i ride them on local trails and i have raced them, but they're definitely pick-and-choose--definitely not for every course. if i lived in an area with shale i wouldn't even own them.

my HT came in at 8kg almost dead even…with power meter. (running 2x10 on my MTBs due to local terrain and current lack of availability for a 1x power meter with appropriate chain line.) i didn't take any ridiculous risks on light parts at the sake of longevity, either. actually, it might weigh just a bit more as i ended my eggbeater experiment and went back to time. the vague feeling when clipped in got old for me; i'm just used to something different.

rode it in MTB nationals, albeit with clinchers. (not the course where it was wise to risk it. a shredded tubular would mean a long, long, long walk.)

nice ride!

They are the XC4s. Just picked up a pair of 30mm wide, 30mm deep carbon tubular rims off eBay for $335, shipped, so I might be building up another set here shortly. Should be great for supporting the tire on the nastier bits. Thinking about the 52mm Fast Birds myself.