View Single Post
Old 12-27-13, 02:31 PM
Ridefreemc

Bikes: 2017 Kona TI, 2016 Bike Friday Haul-A-Day, 2015 Bike Friday New World Tourist (for sale), 2011 Mezzo D9, 2004 Marin Mount Vision Pro - for now :)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nun
I use the Camper Longflap, and find it just right for carrying, tent, bag, mat, cook set and clothes in the main compartment. If you are worried about space between the bag and the rear wheel look at the Bagman support. I have to use that support if I put the Camper on my Ramouillet, but I don't need it when I use the Cervelo RS. One advantage of using a relaxed geometry modern bike over a classic sport tourer geometry is you end up with lots of room between the saddle and the rear wheel.

Definitely get a bag with a longflap and it give you options to carry stuff like bulky food. You can also strap stuff to the top of the bag using the metal rings on the top.
Thanks nun. I think the longflap gives the bag a lot of versatility. As far as the camping gear goes the majority will be on the front rack. I expect the sleeping bag in the bag, but will work towards getting that up front as well - in a safe manner that is. I'll play with that more tonight.