View Single Post
Old 12-27-13, 09:05 PM
giantcfr1
Ha ha ha ha ha

Bikes: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er Aldi Big Box (Polygon) 650b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mrtuttle04
You misrepresent what I say then use that misrepresentation to criticize me. I did not say you cannot get an aerobic workout on a compact crankset. Nor did I say you will not gain leg strength on a triple crankset. What I said is a crankset with higher gearing is better for gaining leg strength and a crankset with lower gearing is better for an aerobic workout. I stand by that statement.
Apparently you have nothing to do but to go around trying to find reasons to criticize people.
Sorry that you read my post as a form of criticizing you.
Let me clarify my post...
In my experiences of owning and also currently using a range of gearing, the gear ratios are for tackling different ascents / grades. In my opinion unless you are on a single speed, the gearing ratio on multiple geared bikes can be used for both forms of excersize.
mrtuttle accused me of having nothing to do but to go around trying to find reasons to criticize people. I appologise to all members I have personally critisized. I didn't realize my opinons equalled personal attacks or personal critisizm.
I will be careful in the future. m(. .)m