View Single Post
Old 12-27-13, 10:01 PM
CommuteCommando

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Maybe next year for me. I'll be doing Solvang this year. I did check out the TDPS route and was kinda surprised to see how weak the PDF route map and que sheets were. I did a RWGPS route based on the cue sheet, and there were a couple of bad directions given and I am kinda iffy about the section from mile 75-80.
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3824962

Originally Posted by gandor
thx for the heads up...it looks like I'll be wearing the same thing from bike the coast...long sleeve base layer, jersey, light wind/rain jacket and regular bib should be enough. here's me from bike the coast in matching fluorescent green shoes and jacket.

I did this one, and being local, I parked about two miles along the route so I could dump layers in my car. (near where you cross under the pedestrian bridge after leaving Pacific street)

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Course markings last year were spectacular! It's the only century I've every done where I wasn't worried about getting lost. Well, that and you have 11k riders to follow. Ha ha.

I think Cool Breeze is the only century that provides food (that I've done). Solvang lets you pay $20 for BBQ chicken.... um, no. The entry fee for tdps is cheap enough that I'm alright with providing my own post ride food.

A beer garden though... I'd donate a kidney.
The bike the coast had all you can eat 3" Subway Sandwiches at the midpoint SAG for the full century riders. I had one more than I should have.

Last edited by CommuteCommando; 12-28-13 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Clarification [in bold]