View Single Post
Old 12-29-13, 12:17 PM
sup0man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Eyeball something for me please?

I've got the itch. Based on a couple months of lurking the forums and the advice of members here, I picked up a '87 red/white Centurion Ironman that I absolutely love, the first bike I've owned and ridden since second grade. Thanks for a fun three months, bikeforums!

But I've got the itch, and the more I read about the fun and quasi-metaphysical connection with the road FG riders enjoy, the more I want to try it out for myself. Based on even more lurking, I gather there's a slight favor towards the Kilo TT's (haha the amount of stark "kilo tt" responses to "What should I buy..." threads in the subforum.....). Y'all talked me out of the garishly sick high-ten Retrospec bike I would've picked up, and I've found a used Kilo TT in my area I thought to go take a look at once I'm back home. Can you guys eyeball this for me before I go? The owner reports a "ding."

Any red flags? How big is too big? It's being offered for just under $200, which is a bit of a stretch for me but I wanted to see if I'm the kind of guy who can enjoy riding FG. Are there any tests you guys recommend I do once I can get my hands on this guy?

Thanks again, bikeforums!

*Edited for grammer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
00Y0Y_ik5AHaDu7Xu_600x450.jpg (33.5 KB, 109 views)

Last edited by sup0man; 12-29-13 at 12:36 PM.